Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Summer Summary

It's been awhile. When we went to stay with Matt's parents for the summer so we could both work and be closer to family and friends, I lost all time for blogging. I worked at the gym six days a week, and spent any spare time with Matt and Evee, trying to squeeze in visits with friends the best I could. Relaxation? It wasn't really in this summer's agenda.
Highlights from my summer via pictures:

Evee & I enjoyed every day of sunshine & sundresses.


She started her own blog... well, not yet, but I'm sure in about five years or so she will have one.

My little sister Kara graduated from Savannah College of Art and Design.

When I got back from the trip to Georgia with my family on Memorial Day, Matt proposed. And of course, I said yes! It feels so wonderful to be engaged to him.


Three out of four of the Homer 3 girls were able to make it down to the annual
St. Mary's College reunion.


I brought Matt along, but we quickly realized that as parents we are just too tired to keep up with the college lifestyle - we just can't party like we used to. Nevertheless, it was wonderful taking a trip down memory lane and seeing old friends.


Matt celebrated his first Fathers Day :)


Occasionally we got to have adult time and go out, but I didn't get many chances to stay out late, as I worked early in the morning every weekend.


Maria & Keegan came to visit! In years to come they'll be doing the same things at the same time, but with how rapidly they grow as babies, it feels like they're years apart. Time flies when you're having fun though, because those few days just flew by, and I miss them so much!

And, they seem to be getting along great. Look at that hand holding :)


Evee's first summer meant Evee's first time in the pool. She loves swimming in the water. She kicks her feet like she is swimming when she wants to go after a toy. I think back on last summer, and it is such a change for me from lying poolside as big as a beached whale!


Evee loved lunches with Auntie Alexis!


Fourth of July! My favorite holiday. We spent the day at a cookout at Matt's grandfather's house. Oh, how I love holiday food! Evee didn't mind the fireworks at first, but when everyone kept coming up to her to see if she was okay, she started to
sense something was wrong and got upset.

Family photo op. I love the phases she goes through, like when she spent
the whole day just sticking her tongue out.

Actually, every moment I wasn't at work was a photo op. Like any mother, I can never take enough pictures of my baby!


Family time was the best part of the summer. Whether it was going out for a nice dinner just Matt & I, or sitting outside at Starbucks so Evee could enjoy the weather,
I treasured any time we got to spend together.


Evee took her first plan ride to Texas to meet the Autens. I feel as though they are my family too. I haven't seen them since last year when Bethany got married, and we were both barely showing! It was so nice to just be there, and be around them.

Caleb & Evee seemed to hit it off well :)

Did I mention we went to Starbucks a lot? I found out I was known as "Ice Coffee Girl."
Not a bad nickname at all!


I love watching Matt & Evee interact. It makes me love both of them a little deeper
each time I see them together.

We've been to a few Orioles games this season, but my favorite going with a big group of friends that included my Homer 3 girls for a few reasons: Evee was the star of the show with ten plus people, the Orioles won, and I just love being around my college best friends. I know no matter where our lives take us, we will always be close and there for one another.

We went and had Eve's nine month pictures taken. It was an awkward stage, because she was heavily rolling, and didn't like to sit up much just yet.
But the child doesn't take a bad picture, so we got plenty of good ones.


Eve spent a ton of time with her friend Brooke, either going to the pool or playing at Starbucks.
It is going to be so fun to watch them grow up together.
Sharlene & I with our mini-me girls. I am so glad we bonded over pregnancy and became close friends. She is truly one of the sweetest people I know, and makes me feel ten times better anytime I need to vent about something. Having girls so close in age is so much fun.

I can't believe that in three days Evee will be ten months old. A few weeks ago her first tooth came in, and now the second tooth is quickly catching up with it. She started crawling, her first attempt being to pet a kitten. Just the other day she said he first word - "duck." I will post videos of those moments soon :) It feels like just yesterday she could barely lift her head on her own, and now I'm about to start planning her first birthday party. This little girl and my first summer with her have been wonderful. I'm so excited for summers - and beach trips! - to come.

1 comment:

  1. Awe sounds like you had an awesome summer. Now that you're back in towson we'll have to hang out some more. I really want to meet miss Eve she is so cute and you should be a proud mama.

    ReplyDelete