Friday, February 26, 2010

Crafts & Coughs

I've been neglecting my blog, but here's an update on the past couple weeks:

I was going to get professional pictures taken of Eve for Valentine's Day cards, but when I found out there were no pictures places close by, Matt & I took our own pictures. I was so happy that she loved posing and smiling for the camera.

my favorite of the bunch

I was really proud of the finished product. I love craft projects, but I'm still kind of a novice when it comes to being really creative. I used construction paper, tissue paper, and ribbon on the cards. Doing little projects like this gets me in the spirit of the holidays.

On Valentine's Day Matt & I spent the day together just relaxing. We had planned to have a Starbucks date, but neither of our cars would start. What are the odds? I still wanted to get some cute festive pictures though:


family photo (Eve's has Hello Kitty socks on, I wish I had a pair just like them!)

my absolute favorite picture of Eve & I

I had my first big scare as a new parent. This past weekend Eve developed a cough and some congestion, and it continually got worse. She would cough so hard that she started gagging, and even spit up her whole bottle a few times. I had been putting off switching pediatricians since we had moved, but I could not wait any longer. At her doctors appointment they diagnosed her with bronchialitis, and explained to us that while it was just a common head cold for adults, it went deeper into the body of a baby.
The severity of her symptoms worried the doctors, and they admitted her into the ER. I started to tear up when they checked her vitals and commented on how bad the wheezing was and how fast and hard she was breathing. They did some blood work and hooked her up to an IV, and her screams were so intense that her face turned bright red and she could barely breathe. I had to bury my face in Matt's chest to keep myself together.
They sent us upstairs to stay the night, and hooked her up to a bunch of wires. Getting sleep in a hospital is impossible - Eve was so clingy and keeping herself up with how bad she felt, and every time she would start to drift off to sleep a nurse would come in. I was so relieved that she was feeling better by the morning, but we still had to stay until later that evening. The doctors said she'll have the cough and congestion for awhile, but the worst is over. Even more so now I feel a need to protect and take care of her.

my brave little girl

1 comment:

  1. Aww poor baby :( It's so heartbreaking to see your little one when they're sick. Esepcially as a mother, you feel helpless! But I'm SO glad to hear that she's doing better! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete