Saturday, February 6, 2010

Date Night: Between the Buried and Me

It's the weekend again :) Since Matt's classes have started, I now look forward to the weekends because we get time to relax and sleep in. This past week was nice though. For our one year anniversary, I had gotten Matt tickets to see a band he likes, Between the Buried and Me. The concert was Monday at Sonar in Baltimore, and Alexis came up from Waldorf to babysit for us, which was so nice. It was our first date night where Eve had a non-relative as a babysitter.

family photo before we left

We took the light rail and walked the rest of the way. Of course we got lost on the dark sketchy looking streets of Baltimore City, and after wandering around for an hour, I made the mistake of asking the first person I saw for directions - a homeless man with all of his teeth missing, who could not even pronounce the place we were trying to go. He made up directions and then asked me for 50 cents - like the misleading make believe advice he had just given up was worth money. I had Alexis talk us through it, and we got there in more than enough time to see the show plus two opening bands. Tip: While wearing flats are comfortable for walking long distances, do not wear them in below freezing temperatures. You will lose the feeling in your toes haha.

Alexis, Eve watcher & mapquest guide

The show was a new experience for me, as it was my first real metal concert. The first band we saw, Devin Townsend, was really good. The singer had amazing vocals, and his facial expressions were really entertaining. Their songs were shorter than average metal songs, which meant they packed more into a shorter amount, and it def kept my interest. The second band whose name I can't recall seemed to be really popular with the crowd, but didn't do anything for me.

When Between the Buried and Me came out, we moved really close to the stage, and were almost in the front row. I really enjoyed their performance, and recognized some of the music Matt had played for me before. As time went on, an attempted mosh pit ensued, and Matt put his arms around me to protect me from the crowd.

The only drawback to the night was having my ears ring until the next morning. Next time I'm buying ear plugs, no matter how silly I look.
photo from their myspace page

Tuesday was Groundhog Day, and of course, Phil saw his shadow. Six more weeks of winter. We probably should have expected as much, considering all of the snow.
Eve turned 3 months old on Wednesday! She gets bigger every day - and more beautiful! I love watching her personality develop. Matt's parents came to visit and we went out to Panera. They brought up a hammer and nails so I can finally hang things on the wall. The apartment is really starting to come together. The next day while Matt was at class, Eve and I went to Starbucks with Courtney. I love when we're out in public and people give Eve compliments, I feel like such a proud mommy.
I'm loving being snowed in with Matt & Eve. Being at home with them is such a great feeling.

At 3 months, trying out her Bumbo for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment