Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snowed in Weekend

My low key snow weekend is almost over, and I'm closing it with a glass of wine & ProBowl/Grammy watching. While I was making dinner tonight (an awesome pasta dish with kielbasa and stewed tomatoes in vodka sauce,) Matt walked over to me, gave me a kiss, and told me how much he loves our life together and that he is so happy to be with me. When he says things like that, it makes me feel even better about the path my life has taken.





Since Matt is still in the process of getting his parking pass for Towson, I dropped him off at school during his first week. Friday he only had two classes, so I wandered around Walmart waiting for him to finish. Normally I would go to Target, but after going there the other days of the week, I think they might be suspicious as to why I've been spending so much time in their baby aisle. I fed Eve, drank a large cup of coffee, and had a phone date with Maria while I browsed the store. I thought the Super Walmart in NC was big, but this one had two stories. I got some babies things and couch pillows. Maria convinced me to put down the scale, because she's right, I'm not ready to judge myself every day. I need to except that I've had a baby and not pay attention to the numbers right now. Nine months to gain, nine months to lose right?


Later that day, I took the light rail to see Christina during her break at the aquarium. There's a little mall right across the street from it, so we browsed some stores and updated each other on our week. I hope to make it a weekly thing, because it's so nice to have girl time, and we both love wading in the nostalgia of college together.


I'm proud of myself, I did not do any clothes shopping. That does not mean I do not have my heart set on this really cute denim dress, it just means I will buy it at a later date :) I also love this Forever 21 wallet & might get it next Friday:


When I got back, Matt & I spent the rest of the evening playing with Eve and relaxing. After getting up early all week, we were worn out and went to bed early. What a wild and crazy Friday night haha.




It was nice being snowed in this weekend. I got a lot accomplished cleaning wise, our apartment is really starting to look like a home :) Ever since we moved here, cleaning, organizing, decorating, and cooking have become new hobbies of mine. I've become so domesticated haha. It was nice spending quality time together. We watched basketball, made fun of the Miss America pageant, and of course were entertained by Eve. There are days when I just cannot believe that this little person is my little person to take care of. That she has her own distinct personality, and I get to watch her develop it.



No comments:

Post a Comment