Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My New Life as a Mother

A little less than a year ago, I was holding an EPT in my hand and hyperventilating. I went from being content with the place I was at in my life and excited about the limitless possibilities of my future, to having a never ending list of unanswered questions. I had a hard time letting go of my freedom, 23 year old fun, and small amount of responsibilities. I felt as though it all was taken away from me before I was ready. I still do sometimes. My life was no longer following the mapquest directions I had written out; it was making up its own course and I was not prepared to drive that way. My boyfriend had a point when he asked me, "how often do things happen exactly how we plan them?" I cannot think of one example.

Looking over at the beautiful tiny person sleeping next to me, I am okay with having to grow up faster. I am so blessed to have my two month old daughter, Eve. Every obstacle, critic, financial stress, and changed plan are easily trumped by dimpled baby smiles. Love is a strong force, and I do not mind having it steer for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment