Monday, March 15, 2010

Hometown Vacation

We're visiting our hometown for Matt's spring break this week. I never realized how long it would take to pack and make sure we would have a clean house to come home to!
For some reason I decided to wake up early on "vacation." I got Eve & I ready, grabbed some Starbucks, and the visits began.
First I stopped by my old job at the gym to show off my pride and joy. While I was there I did the post pregnancy no-no: I weighed myself. Hoping to have lost even a pound, I was very upset to see I had gained two pounds. I could have been complacent with at least staying the same weight, but gaining gave me a new sense of frustration. I guess cleaning the house really isn't a form of exercise.
I left the gym and headed to Michelle's house. Let me just say that I love hanging out with moms. I love chatting with people who understand my new lifestyle because it's theirs as well. Not only am I able to talk about my life with Eve, but they understand that I still enjoy having a small part of my life outside of Eve as well - just for me. I feel like that is important; even though Eve is the biggest part of me, I don't want to lose the ability to talk about myself and do things for me.
Michelle's daughter Colleen, who is beautiful and has the cutest personality by the way, is a year older than Eve. It was interesting watching Colleens mannerisms and knowing that in months to come, Eve will develop some of the same. Michelle gave me some of Colleen's toys and clothes she outgrew. I am so excited to put spring dresses on her! I enjoyed the visit so much that I didn't even realize that hours had gone by.
I took Eve to Sharlene's house after that, and we met her two month old daughter Brooke - so cute! We talked about being new moms and vented about adjusting to it, while the girls hung out next to each other on a blanket. At one point Eve burst into a fit of laughter, and I was amazed because she has never laughed that hard before! Sharlene also got to hear Eve say "hi," proof that it's not just my imagination.


I had a busy first day back, but today I have been relaxing and playing with little Miss Energetic. Matt went out to visit a friend, and told me when he comes back, he's taking me out for a date! I'm looking forward to it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment