Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring Cleaning

After taking a bunch of stuff to the GoodWill yesterday, I feel inspired to do some spring cleaning. I'm going to get together the clothes I don't wear anymore and try to sell them to Plato's Closet. If you've never heard of Plato's Closet, check it out. It's a consignment shop with clothes from Forever21, American Eagle, Abercromie & Fitch, Hollister, and Old Navy, just to name a few. You can bring in gently used clothes, and they'll look through them and buy a few from you. Not for a lot of money, but it's better than just getting rid of them. Whatever they don't take I'll send to GoodWill. My only problem is getting new ones to replace the ones I just got rid of - the Super GoodWill has a rack of cute Target clothes, and today is half off clothes day!

Besides cleaning, I've been getting into the spirit of making the house look nice with crafts. My favorite is a spring wreath I made, inspired by Sweet Charli. These two women have amazing ideas, and are so crafty.

Here is my version of their spring tissue paper wreath:


And here is Sweet Charli's wreath and their tutorial.


Matt and I are going to go shopping today! Under Armour for him, and GoodWill sales for me! I'll try to squeeze in a workout and more craftmaking as well. Oh, how I love weekends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment