Thursday, April 1, 2010

Denim Flower Headband

I thought I would share my first accessory I made. I gave it to Rowena for her birthday, and got a casual summer dress from Victorias Secret to match it. Row always has the cutest accessories, so I knew she would appreciate it :)

For a craft beginner like me, it was pretty simple to make. Along with my hot glue gun, these are the supplies I used: A pair of old jeans (I held onto them as long as I could, but I had to let go at the large hole in the crotch,) scissors, a sewing kit, and headbands - I got a 4 pack at Forever21 for $2.


I found the tutorial for the jean flower at Tea Rose Home. For the headband portion, I first glued smll jean pieces vertically on the bottom parts of the headbnd. Then I cut a long thin strip from the pant leg, and hotglued underneath as I wrapped it around headband. Then I added the flower to the top. Simple, and cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment