Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My 1st Mothers Day!

I know I'm getting around to this late, but I've been on the go the last couple of days. I have to share about my first holiday being recognized as a Mommy! It feels so strange to have been included in Mothers Day this year. While I was a mother in the making last year with Eve in my belly, this year it truly felt real. Matt and I went home for the weekend so he could umpire, as we have been doing for the past month or so. It was was nice to be able to see our mothers for Mothers Day weekend.When we got in on Friday we dropped Eve off with my parents and went on a dinner date to Applebees. I love our little dates. It's nice to relax in our apartment with Eve, but every now and then I enjoy that we get to go out and focus on each other.
Saturday Eve and I met up with Sharlene and her almost four month old daughter Brooke at Starbucks. I love chances to get together and chat with Sharlene; we are on the same page about a lot of things and it's nice to share concerns, advice, and stories on being new mommies. When I held Eve up to see Brooke, she immediately grabbed her hand. I'm so mad that I forgot to take pictures!
After coffee I met up with my favorite shopping buddy and roommate from college, Rowena. We browsed Target, which is one of my favorite things to do when I go out (besides getting my iced coffee!) I got a cute pair of clearance shoes and leggings, and a bunch of Mom/Grandma cards. Those things really add up! I went from buying one card last year to buying four this year!I spent the rest of the afternoon with Matt's family for his Aunt's birthday cookout.
Sunday Matt & I got up early to go get our moms flowers and Starbucks gift cards. He headed off to work shortly after. Matt and Eve gave me a card with a very sweet message. Having him write that him and Eve are excited to spend all the holidays to come with me meant so much. I feel so blessed to have the two of them.


When Matt left for work I headed over to spend the day with my family. We went to Starbucks and then I picked up some crafts for the apartment at AC Moore. And of course we had a little Mothers day photoshoot :)





Besides the weather not being very warm, I had a wonderful day. I love being able to celebrate being Eve's mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment